By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink.
These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
1. When booking an activity, full payment is taken in advance by Cornish Wave. A participation form must be completed on arrival before a person can take part in any activity. Cornish Wave does not accept any liability for loss caused by failure to complete the participation form.
2. Cornish Wave require 100% of the total activity cost prior to the activity date and have the right to cancel a person’s place on the activity if full payment is not received.
3. Any cancellations or amendments to your booking must be made in writing and will only be accepted from the date they are received by Cornish Wave. Refunds for cancellations are as follows:
● 4 weeks or more from activity start date = full refund
● 2-3 weeks before activity start date = 50% refund
● Less than 2 weeks to activity start date = no refund
● If the booking is changed more than 21 days prior to the activity date, Cornish Wave will endeavour to amend the requested changes. Less than 21 days prior to the start, no changes can be made
4. Cornish Wave assumes no liability in respect of personal injury, loss, damage or third party claims which occur through no fault of their own or their instructors and cannot accept responsibility for any of the reasons cited above that a person may incur whilst participating in any of the activities unless Cornish Wave can be proven negligent. I accept that I participate at my own risk and I confirm that I have my own insurance to cover any such injury, loss or damage or have chosen not to take out such insurance even though I understand that this is my responsibility. I have declared any medical conditions (e.g. asthma, epilepsy etc.) or any other special needs that may affect mine or others’ safety whilst participating and accept Cornish Wave do not accept any responsibility for any conditions not disclosed. I will not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs prior to or during the activity sessions. Staff reserve the right to refuse participation to anyone considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
5. Cornish Wave equipment will be used for the activity, unless previously agreed. If I should damage or lose any Cornish Wave equipment, I agree to inform a member of staff and understand that I will have
Headland Point, Newquay, Cornwall TR7 1EL
to pay the current replacement value for any repairs or replacements.
6. I agree to abide by all decisions and adhere to all instructions that Cornish Wave staff and instructors make whilst under their supervision. This includes sea-related conditions beyond Cornish Wave’s control (flat days, fog, dangerous sea conditions etc.) In this case, should an activity be cancelled, a voucher will be issued which is valid for one year from the date of cancellation. No refunds will be issued. Cornish Wave staff may require any participant to leave the activity session without compensation if that person acts in such a manner as to endanger him/herself or any other user or staff member.
7. The accommodation providers listed on the website act as a guide only to assist in booking accommodation. No responsibility is taken by Cornish Wave for booking any accommodation and they cannot be held responsible for any aspect of or problems arising from accommodation arrangements.
8. The prices shown on this website are valid at the time of publication. Cornish Wave reserve the right to increase or reduce any of the prices any time after publication. Any changes will be made clear at the time of booking. Cornish Wave reserve the right to cancel or change activity dates subject to notification of those persons booked on to the activity.
9. Permission is given for participant’s contact details to be entered into the Cornish Wave database and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This information will not be forwarded to third parties.
10. Complaints concerning the centre or the activities should be referred to Cornish Wave management at the end of the session and followed up in writing within 7 days of the activity. Cornish Wave will act accordingly to do everything possible to rectify the situation and issue a written reply. Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.