1. Customer & Staff Agreement
Your health is our top priority. We have special measures in place to keep all guests and employees safe, both during and after your activity.
Your coaches have a daily health check where they state that they are clear and have been for minimum of 14 days of symptoms of COVID-19.
Similarly, before your activity on your participant form which is completed online before your arrival, you will be required to let us know if you have had or been in contact with someone who has had COVID-19 symptoms. You will also be asked again on the day of your activity. If you have had symptoms, you will be asked to reschedule your activity to another date.
As per government guidance, if you experience symptoms of COVID-19 up to 14 days after your activity with us, we ask that you contact Cornish Wave and inform us. We will then contact the rest of the group if you were in a group session/camp to inform the other customers.
It is essential that we work together in order firstly, to protect ourselves and other members of the group but also so we can continue to offer activities in a safe and protected environment.
2. Equipment Cleanliness & COVID-19 Operating Procedures.
Activities: Surfing & Coasteering
All equipment to be checked and cleaned thoroughly by Cornish Wave staff.
- Wetsuits, Buoyancy Aids & Helmets are cleaned thoroughly in-between uses using Milton disinfectant and sprayed with sanitiser spray.
- Surfboards and other equipment are brushed down, hosed with fresh water and sprayed with disinfectant after every use and left outside to air dry.
- All First Aid Kits have been equipped with additional medical gloves and CPR resuscitation face shields for instructors.
- Hand Sanitiser is available for all Cornish Wave participants at the surf school.
- A COVID-19 Risk Assessment has been taken for both Surfing & Coasteering.
- Coasteering – Reference to guidance set by National Coasteering Charter.
- Surfing – In line with suggested guidelines from Surfing England.
Activities: Wild Camping
- Hand sanitiser is readily available at multiple points at the camp.
- We have stripped back the soft furnishings in the bell tents. (Pillows, blankets)
- Bell tents are sanitised and disinfected after every night of use.
- Plates and cutlery used from Cornish Wave are hot washed in a dishwasher and disinfected.
- A new sleeping arrangement procedure has been put in place. Please read below for further guidance.
- The camp’s shared areas, cooking/fire/games/toilets will be deep cleaned after every adventure weekend and camp. Whilst we also encourage the use of available hand sanitiser and disinfectant. Please leave all areas as you wish to find it.
3. Guest Guidelines
Before Arrival –
Ensure you and everyone in your group have completed the Participant Form available on our website.
At the surf school –
Arrive as close to your time slot as possible as we have carefully constructed a new time management procedure to ease congestion of people at the surf school. You will receive an email about your weekend several days prior to your activity date.
Arrive with your swim wear on under your clothes and be prepared to get changed outside to help us & others with physical distancing.
Upon returning from your activity you may wish to consider bringing a couple of towels and / or a robe to change back into your clothes outside.
Put your belongings in your designated bucket. Keep all of your clothes/bags/possessions together. These will be kept in the surf school until you return.
Practice physical distancing at the surf school and camp where possible. Your activity coach will run through with your the emergency procedure if physical distancing is no longer a priority.
After your activity please follow your instructor’s guidance as to wear to put your equipment.
Work with us. We are working as best we can to still provide you with a little slice of adventure.
At the Campsite –
Ensure you bring everything with you from the car to the campsite. This includes enough food, water and personal items to avoid having to leave the site.
Conduct yourselves with consideration to other campers. There are shared areas to enjoy together but keep in mind physical distancing where possible.
A new sleeping arrangement procedure has been put in place to minimise the sharing space with strangers. GOV guidance currently allows shared accommodation with up to 1 other house hold. Tents will have allocated to you prior to your arrival based on who (if anyone) you are travelling with.
We have limited bell tents available. Depending on the group dynamic (couples, friends etc..) we will allocate bell tents to suit the group dynamic. We do not guarantee you will receive a bell tent.
If you are a single traveller and we have allocated the bell tents already you will be offered your own 2 man tent equipped with an air bed. Alternatively you may wish to bring your own tent.
Be vigilant in using cleaning products/sanitiser whilst at the campsite.
Activities: We have reduced the group sizes in the initial weeks of reopening to give everyone more space at the surf school and in the water.
Camping: We have reduced group sizes for our Adventure weekends in the initial weeks of reopening. Sleeping arrangements have been reduced and pre-planned with additional tents provided for single travellers.
Yoga: In the instances where bookings were made pre COVID-19 making the groups bigger than 8 in our Surf & Yoga Weekend, to avoid disappointment and cancellations we will split the group into 2 smaller groups in the Yoga session to provide sufficient space between customers in the Yoga Barn. This will be the same for the evening and morning Yoga session.
* Group sizes will be monitored and adapted accordingly to be in line with local and national guidelines.