Watergate Bay Surf Lessons
Watergate Bay is a picturesque stretch of coastline located three miles north of Newquay and offers fantastic scenery and surfing.
Visitors are rewarded with 2 miles of clean golden sands backed by cliffs and superb surf conditions for all levels.
One of our favorite Cornish beaches to teach surf lessons, this surf spot enjoys the same consistent Atlantic swell as Fistral Beach in Newquay. With a large open expanse of sand at low tide, Watergate bay is a beach goers paradise with great facilities for all the family. Also known as Tregurrian Beach after the nearby village of Tregurrian. Facilities include a beach side cafe, restaurant, toilets and shop, hotels and pub.
Surfari Surf Package - £125 pp* for 3 Surf Lessons
(*minimum of 2 people)
All Watergate Bay surf lessons with Cornish Wave include surfboard and wetsuit hire and all our guides are highly experienced and fully qualified surf instructors. Get in touch with us today to book your surf lesson at Watergate Bay!
Popular Surf Lessons at Watergate Bay
How to find Watergate Bay
- From St Austell take the A3058 towards Summercourt / Watergate Bay / Newquay.
- Follow signs for Quintrell Downs.
- At Quintrell Downs roundabout take the 2nd Exit, look for signs for Porth.
- At the Porth mini double roundabout Take a right following signs for Watergate Bay.
- Look for large grass car park on the right when winding down the hill.
- Sat Nav: TR8 4ADDistance: 17.3 miles
The large grass Pay and Display car park is where we are based. Its right in the middle on the Watergate Bay valley and hard to miss. Local Tip: Tricky to receive mobile phone signal once at Watergate Bay. You'll find us in the large grass car park in the middle of Watergate Bay. Look for the orange Cornish Wave logo on our van !