Coasteering - what to expect
Introduction to Coasteering
Coasteering in Newquay is an amazing and unforgettable way to experience the Cornish coastline. You’ll be in a wetsuit, trainers, buoyancy aid and a helmet as make your way along the tide line. Join us on an ocean adventure as you wild swim through sluices, whirlpools and scramble your way through short gullies.
Enjoy Coasteering in the Newquay coastline like you have never seen and challenge yourself to daring deep water jumps and traverse along the water’s edge as you explore and uncover the unique ecology that lives on our door step.
Coasteer Session Overview:
- All Coasteer sessions are two hours long from once you are in a wetsuit.
- All equipment needed for coasteering is provided by Cornish Wave (unless otherwise stated.)
- All coasteer sessions are governed by tides, sea state and weather. (Some elements may not always be suitable)
- Each coasteer session will be led by two qualified and experienced Coasteer guides.
Activities included in each Coasteer session will factor into the group's ability, weather conditions and sea state. The lead guide will adapt the Coasteering session and not all activities will always be possible. Your safety is paramount and the Guide's decisions and instructions must be respected by all participants.
Open Group Coasteer sessions will comprise of a wide variety of mix abilities and ages. Cornish Wave will always endeavour to build groups of similar age and suitability in order for the best experience. We will always provide a safe, educational and adventurous activity.
To get the most out of your Coasteering session and for your own safety, we ask that:
- Each participant will need to bring a swimming costume, towel and a pair of lace up trainers. Cornish Wave can provide footwear although cannot guarantee that spare footwear will always be available.
- Participants under the age of 18 will need the participation form to be signed by a consenting adult prior to the coasteering activity.
- Any health or medical problems need to be declared and clearly stated on the participation form. Any previous history with operations or re-occurring ailments / injuries will also need to be disclosed.
- Participants will need to be able to declare that they are able to swim 25 metres. Any weak swimmers will need to make themselves known on the participation form and to their Coasteer guides.
Find out more about Coasteering:
CHOOSE YOUR COASTEERING ADVENTURE